Saturday, September 19, 2009

We R'ed the B

In record time: 27 hours, 30 minutes, for an average pace of 8:15! At the moment I can't remember exactly what we managed last year, but I think we beat our record by a fair bit. And more important, we all had such a great time that everyone, more or less, has already signed on to the RRFC for Reach the Beach 2010. They did this even before the actual and remembered pain has faded, and that's saying something.

And now some of our favorite quotes from the vans:

"I'm cramped up and I'm totally nude."

"The sun, man...it just keeps comin' up every day."

"You can spank the devil!"

"Who brought the bag lady?"

"Good work!! Nice socks!"

"Ewww... I shouldn't have picked THAT up!"

"You're still flashing, Leslie. Could you knock that off please?"

(When passed by a speeding Ultra racer, who makes you feel like you're standing still): "It's like, I'M running and HE'S doing some other thing"

1 comment:

chris said...

Just checked the official results and it looks like we did it in 7:57 per mile!!!

Holy cow!